Cow (Gau) Daan
‘Gau’ means cow and Daan means donation service. The cow has great importance in Hindu religion. Since ancient times cows have been donated by kings and other people to Brahmins and others. Although it can be donated any time, it is believed that at least one cow must be donated in one man’s lifetime. The benefits of donating a cow are simply endless. There is no other donation comparable to the donation of a cow in this world.
Benefits/Purpose of Cow donation:
- 1. Paap Dhenu Daan: to get rid of sins.
- 2. Karj Mukti Dhenu Daan: freedom from debts
- 3. Moksha Dhenu Daan: for Moksha (enlightenment)
- 4. Prayaschit Dhenu Daan: for seeking forgiveness
- 5. Vaitarni Dhenu Daan: Cow donation during the last days of a person’s life for Moksha (enlightenment).
- 6. It helps in making a person pure and helps him in attaining the highest state of eternal bliss.
- 7. It is said that the Sun, Moon, Varuna, Agni, Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva salute the person who donates cow benevolently.
Gau Daan priests will perform donation as per Vedic rituals based on birth details. Please mention your birth details (name, date, place, time), & Sankalp (your wish) at checkout. This is an individual donation (you may do a donation on individual name or include your near and dear ones in the puja). You will be provided with the direct contact no. of the priest, to call during the Sankalpa/Puja. Astroguruvani sends DVD and photos, to you of Gau Daan.
This service Price: US $561 /INR Rs. 31000